Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for the next step in your career? If so, please see below for exciting new opportunities working for the market leader in education recruitment, Prospero Teaching…
Prospero Teaching are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work at an Ofsted Rated ‘Good’ Primary school in Gloucester on a full-time, long-term basis.
The Teaching Assistant will be supporting several students across KS1 and KS2 and will be required to provide both general classroom support as well as working one-to-one with key pupils with special educational needs.
We are looking for someone with strong working closely with pupils with SEN/SEMH needs as well as having a background supporting classrooms and small groups. The opportunity is varied and will require the TA to be flexible and help out where needed in the classrooms so we are particularly looking for someone with experience in all elements of 1:1 SEN TA and General TA roles.
The position will be full-time and continue on a long-term basis following the completion of a successful trial period at the school. You will be working with students with learning difficulties and so strong knowledge of the KS1 and KS2 curriculum is essential to ensure the students achieve the best possible outcomes.
The successful applicant will have strong experience in previous SEN TA, 1:1 TA and General Classroom TA roles and will have experience working with all ages from KS1 up to KS2. Teaching Assistant and SEND qualifications and training are highly desirable and will also increase your opportunity to be shortlisted for the role.
If you hold relevant experience and training, please get in touch today. Interviews are taking place soon.
- Location: Gloucester
- Position: Teaching Assistant (1:1 SEN TA and General TA)
- Contract: long-term
- Hours: full-time – 8:30-3:30, Monday to Friday
- Start Date: January
- Pay Rate: from £65/day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- SEN experience – essential
- Previous TA experience – essential
- SEN Training – highly desirable
- Teaching Assistant Qualifications – desirable
- Previous experience working with children in schools – essential
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Prospero can offer this training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to these vacancies. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill the vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding, Team Teach and behaviour management: https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-cpd-for-teachers/
- In-house Training and Development Team
Please get in touch with Gemma on email@example.com for further detail.
- PositionTeaching Assistant - January Start - Gloucester
- Type of workPrimary
- Contract/position start date04/01/2021