Sports Graduate Teaching Assistant. Manchester secondary schools. ASAP start
Are you a highly motivated, confident and fun person?
Do you have a passion to provide, engage and teach younger children?
Are you eager to assist with the teaching and learning of children?
Prospero Teaching are looking for ambitious Sport Graduates to work at a warm, vibrant secondary school based in Manchester, Greater Manchester. We are looking to recruit a Sports graduate to work as a Teaching Assistant with groups of identified pupils. The position is to support groups of Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils who display challenging behaviours and have significant barriers to learning.
The incoming Teaching Assistant will start ASAP until the end of the academic year. Successful applicants will be subject to an initial trial day with the school.
- Work with a group of identified pupils
- Use your sports experience to enhance learning and support
- Have the skills and knowledge to support children with a range of needs
- Provide effective strategies through sport to promote positive attitudes to learning
- Ideal opportunity for students looking to gain paid experience before a PGCE in 2021
The Ideal Candidate:
- Natural ability to befriend the pupils while maintaining a professional attitude
- The willingness to provide an environment in which pupils can reach their full potential
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A professional approach to handling difficult situations
- Sports(BA Hons) degree (Or something similar)
- DBS (clean and relevant) – Can be obtained through Prospero Teaching
- Safeguarding certificate
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships
What we will offer you.
- Possible long term contract and role in contributing to the school.
- Dedicated staff who are committed to school improvement
- A highly supportive and proactive leadership team;
- A commitment to supporting your professional development to the next stage of your career.
If this Sport Teaching Assistant role appeals to you, or you are anyway interested in a career within teaching and education, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Prospero Teaching by sending your CV to Jen at the Manchester office.
0161 393 6725
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. If you require more information, please have a look at our website: https://prosperoteaching.com/
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management – Here’s a link to our free accredited online CPD courses https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-cpd-for-teachers/
In-house Training and Development Team
Have a look at our free accredited online safeguarding course https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-online-safeguarding/
Know of somebody perfect for this role? Refer a Friend – https://prosperoteaching.com/recommend-a-friend/
- PositionSports Graduate Teaching Assistant, Manchester
- Type of workSecondary, Physical Education, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA
- Contract/position start date12/10/2020
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.