SEN Teaching Assistant – Forest of Dean
About the job
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for the next step in your career? If so, please see below for exciting new opportunities working for the market leader in education recruitment, Prospero Teaching…
Prospero Teaching are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work at a fantastic Primary school in the Forest of Dean on a full-time basis until the end of the Academic Year.
The Teaching Assistant will be required to provide 1:1 support to a student in a mixed Year 1 and 2 class who has SEND and to additionally help out within the classroom where needed. We are looking for someone with strong experience providing 1:1 support to students with challenging behaviour and/or SEMH for this vacancy.
Teaching Assistant and SEND qualifications and training are desirable and will increase your opportunity to be shortlisted for the role, however not essential if you hold sufficient experience.
If you hold relevant experience and/or training, please get in touch today.
- Location: Forest of Dean
- Position: Teaching Assistant (1:1 SEN TA)
- Contract: temporary
- Hours: 8.30am-3.30pm
- Start Date: 8th March
- End Date: end of Academic year
- Pay Rate: from £65/day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous TA experience – essential
- SEN experience – highly desirable
- SEN Training & Qualifications – highly desirable
- Teaching Assistant Qualifications – desirable
- Previous experience working with children in schools – highly desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Prospero can offer this training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to these vacancies. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill the vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding, Team Teach and behaviour management: https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-cpd-for-teachers/
- In-house Training and Development Team