JOB TITLE – Secondary English Teacher – Bangkok, Thailand
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- One of Bangkok’s leading bilingual private schools, with an impressive history of notable alumni and a nationwide reputation for delivering an outstanding British and Thai education.
- The school caters to students from Early Years to Year 13, offering an array of subjects at IGCSE and A Level.
- The school benefits from an extensive campus, located in the heart of the cosmopolitan capital city.
- The school is well equipped and resourced with specialist science laboratories and ICT rooms, specialist subject rooms, a drama theatre, well-resourced library and D&T Unit, plus swimming pools. All classrooms are equipped with a computer, digital projector and interactive whiteboard.
- The school is a CIS member school (Council of International Schools).
- Teachers have access to excellent professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work within a school that offers the highest standard of academic excellence immersed within the culture of Thailand.
- Class sizes are capped at 24 students.
- Location – Bangkok, Thailand
- Position – Secondary English Teacher
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, preparation, assessment, parents evenings, extra-curricular commitments etc
- Contract or position start date – July 2020
- Duration– Two year contract – July 2022
- Contract or position end date – July 2022
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £2500 – £3100 per month (remuneration package including visa, medical insurance, flight allowance, baggage allowance, free school place (1st child) and end of contract gratuity bonus)
- Hours – 7:00 am – 3:30pm : Monday – Friday (term time only)
- Academic Calendar – Thai calendar = May to September (term 1), October to March (terms 2) – Including two half term breaks (one week), 3 week holiday in September and 8 week holiday March to May.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PGCE, B.Ed with QTS or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in the UK or British curriculum international school
- Experience teaching the subject area to KS4-5
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start in July 2020
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Secondary English Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, South East Asia, Bangkok, Thailand
- PositionSecondary English Teacher – Bangkok, Thailand
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date15/07/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.