Prospero Teaching is working with a school based in East London.
This position is for a cover supervisor in a school on a temporary basis specializing in Science.
You would be required to be punctual, have a real passion for teaching and be able to manage behaviour and develop your classroom management skills. Prospero Teaching also has a learning and development team that will be able to help you develop as a cover supervisor whilst you are with us.
The schools we work with prides themselves on creating a positive and respectful learning environment.
Cover Supervisor Information:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Cover Supervisor Contract Details:
Location: East London
Position: Cover Supervisor – Science
Type of work: Covering Absent Teachers (All year groups)
Contract or position starting date: ASAP
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm): Temporary On-Going
Full time/part time: Full-time
Minimum rate of pay: To Be Negotiated
Hours: 8am – 3:30pm or 4:00pm (This can vary depending on school)
Cover Supervisor Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Passion for teaching
- GCSE’s (Minimum)
- Preferred to have experience teaching or covering previously
- Geniune interest
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
- LocationNorth East London, East London
- PositionScience Cover Supervisor – May Start
- Type of workSecondary, Cover
- Contract/position start date03/05/2021
- Duration/likely durationUntil the end of the School year
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)1_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of payTo Be Negotiated
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.