We are recruiting for an ambitious Academic Mentor or, recent graduate who is looking for your next challenge in an Science department at a secondary school in Stockport?
This is an excellent opportunity for a teaching assistant or Gradate who is looking to pursue a career within education!
There are full and part-time roles available.
Your role as a teaching assistant, is to support young people and help them develop strategies and action plans to engage within education. You will be responsible for supporting pupils within the Science department, working across key stage 3 & 4, there will be times where you will provide intensive support to small groups of learners. You will formulate a superb understanding of the curriculum at KS3 & 4, which will bode well for their future studies. You will be supported by outstanding teachers and a strong, leadership team.
You will need to build a strong positive relationship with the pupils that you are assigned to work with quickly.
You will be encouraged to identify the barriers they face to their learning and interaction with school life as a whole.
Your role will be the link to their education and to school life, helping to forge a positive experience for the young person.
Along with academic tasks, you will also support the pupils with pastoral and vocational activities.
For these roles, it would be advantageous if you;
- Can drive and have access to a car
- Have a strong Science background
- Have a strong background working with young people
- Will be able to work Mon to Friday 8.30-4pm
CONTRACT / POSITION DETAILS:
* Location – Stockport
* Position – Academic Mentor
* Start date – ASAP
* Full time/part time – Full & part time
* The minimum rate of pay – £70 per day
* Hours – 8:30 – 15:30
The role would include:
-One to one, small group support for children aged between 11-16, KS3 & 4 with behavioural challenges
-Very challenging behaviour linked to mental health
-The child will need to be supervised throughout the day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Previous SEN experience
– Previous experience with challenging behaviour
– Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as Safeguarding training is provided)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
– Hold Right to Work in the UK
– Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
– Provide two professional references
If this role appeals to you, apply now and send your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is the premier provider of Primary Teachers, Secondary Teachers and Support Staff to Schools, Colleges and Nurseries.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationGreater Manchester, Stockport
- PositionScience Teaching Assistant Required – Stockport
- Type of workSecondary, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date01/11/2021
- Full/Part time8:30am - 4pm Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay£70 - £80 per day
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.