PRIMARY TEACHER – REQUIRED FOR AN ACCREDITED BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified Primary Teacher for a British curriculum international school located in the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – contract start date: January 2021.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- A leading British international school in Kuala Lumpur require a qualified Primary Teacher to join their reputable school from January 2021
- The school boasts a high-performing Primary school campus with excellent facilities and resources.
- As the school is located in a spacious campus in the outskirts of the capital city, expat teachers benefit from the tranquility and greenery of the suburbs, yet are only 35 minutes from the bustling city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
- Located on twenty acres of land, the state of the art campus caters up to 2000 students across Early Years to Year 13.
- The Primary school follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), National Curriculum for England and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
- The senior leadership team consists of an experienced and dedicated team of qualified school leaders, mainly from the UK.
- Location – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Position – Primary Teacher
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, assessment, extracurricular commitments, parents’ evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – January 2021
- Duration – Two year contract
- Contract or position end date – August 2022 / January 2023 / August 2023 (depending on performance and agreement with school)
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £25,000 – 45,000 pa depending on experience (remuneration package including housing allowance, relocation allowance, baggage allowance, visa, medical insurance for employee and dependants, 70% discount on tuition fees for 3 dependant children, flight allowance, etc)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a relevant primary teaching qualification: i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
- Have a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience in Primary (KS1-2)
- Have experience teaching the National Curriculum for England or International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to relocate and start in January 2021
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Primary Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, Asia, South East Asia, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- PositionPrimary Teacher – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Type of workPrimary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date15/01/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.