Physics Teacher – Edmonton – September 2020 Start
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Physics Teacher for a September 2020 start in one of the highest rated schools in the UK.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The school is a same sex middle sized school situated in the heart of Edmonton. The school is unstoppable in its pursuit of Excellent Education for All, which has been highlighted by Ofsted 2018. They have been recognised for the rapid transformation and excellent progress of students and have been awarded Good status.
The school are looking to appoint an excellent Physics who would like to work with and contribute to the development of highly motivated students. They are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons that help students understand the importance of Physics and the Sciences and the positive impact it can have throughout their life. Teachers must have GOOD subject knowledge and will be expected to teach across KS3-KS5. This is a large team and staff have a variety of backgrounds and teaching experience. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position. The school welcomes applications from experienced teachers as well as Newly Qualified Teahcers (NQTs).
PHYSICS TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
- Location – Edmonton – North London
- Position – Physics Teacher
- Type of work – Teaching Physics to KS3-KS5
- Contract or position start date – Septmeber 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of the academic year July 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2019 initially (contract may get extended)
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary initially
- Full time/part time – Full time 5 days a week
- Minimum rate £195 per day MINIMUM
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Ed /PGCE/ QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1-year Physics experience in the UK
- Passionate about being a Physics teacher and have a willingness to educate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- PositionPhysics Teacher – Edmonton, North London – September 2020 Start
- Type of workSecondary
- Contract/position start date05/09/2020