Prospero Teaching are looking for a Nursery Assistant in the Dorchester, Dorset area. We work with many Early Years settings in South/Mid Dorset and are therefore looking for a qualified Nursery Assistants that can help to support these settings on a day to day, short or long term basis.
• Location – Various locations across South Dorset
• Position – Nursery Assistant
• Type of work – Nursery Assistant – day to day and long term cover in various Nurseries
• Start date – ASAP subject to vetting
• Duration / Likely Duration – Day to day bookings, with the potential for extension depending on nursery
• End date (if applicable) – N/A
• Contract type – Temporary
• Full time/part time – Part time and full time depending on Nursery’s needs
• Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £8.50 per hour
• Hours – 8:30 am – 6pm (full day), half day (am or pm) or long half days where available (dependant on nursery)
YOU WILL IDEALLY:
- Be a qualified nursery assistant
- Have UK based experience or be completely familiar with the UK safeguarding guidelines.
- Be creative and innovative.
- Have drive and tenacity.
- Encourage students to reach their full potential.
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Positive and creative approach to teaching
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Appropriate level of General Education to KS4
• Previous experience working in a UK nursery
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you know someone who would be interested in this or other positions check out our Refer a Friend scheme.
- LocationRingwood, Lymington, Dorset, Bournemouth, Pokesdown, Poole, Sherborne, Weymouth, Blandford Forum, Portland, Sturminster Newton, Shaftesbury, Dorchester, Bridport, Corfe Mullen
- PositionNursery Assistant, Dorchester, Dorset
- Type of workEarly Years, Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA
- Contract/position start date05/12/2018
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.