Prospero Teaching is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to provide short-term supply cover in various primary schools in the Rhondda Cynon Taf area. Bookings range from 1 week to a full half-term.
The schools also book Learning Support Assistant for emergency cover, so if you are looking for just a few days’ work each week this option is available. You can select your preferred booking length, either day to day cover or short-term.
- Location – Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Position – Learning Support Assistant
- Type of work – 1:1 / General classroom assistant /
- Start date – Asap
- Likely Duration – ongoing supply
- Position end date – Ongoing
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full-time potential
- Minimum rate of pay – £55
- Maximum rate of pay – £60
- Hours – 8:20am-4pm (term time only)
Experience, Training and Qualifications
- Promoting students learning and development
- Supporting students with their emotional and behavioural needs
- Working closely and positively with other team members
- Supporting the teacher taking the class
- Working closely with pupils on a 1:1 basis
- Promoting a caring and safe learning environment
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – We can assist!
If you are a Learning Support Assistant and would like to be considered for this teaching job, please apply below or call us on 02920 021 476.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Learning Support Assistants
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
If you would like to earn a £150 bonus and know someone who would be interested in this or other teaching jobs check out our Refer a Friend scheme.
- LocationWales, South Wales, Merthyr Tydfil, Cardiff, Bridgend, Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
- PositionLearning Support Assistant
- Type of workSENCO
- Contract/position start date11/03/2019