Head Of Chemistry – Secondary School | September 2020
About the job
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Head Of Chemistry for a Secondary School close to the Barnet area. The role is full-time and to start from September 2020.
The School is small and friendly, built on strong, traditional values, where
exceptional pastoral care, the acceptance of others and the celebration of diversity and excellent. The School have a committed, loyal and talented team of leaders, teachers and support staff.
The school would like to appoint an exciting and inspirational teacher, with ambition to achieve the very best possible outcomes for students in Chemistry
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record for teaching Chemistry KS3, KS4& KS5
- Have experience in teaching the Chemistry syllabus
- Have a passion for the subject and the ability to inspire our students
- Be an excellent classroom teacher who can challenge all our learners to achieve their very
- Have relevant qualifications and experience, including a DfE recognised teaching qualification
- Be an innovative teacher, focused on raising attainment
This position is suitable for both experienced practitioners and those newly qualified.
- Location – Barnet, North West London
- Position – Head of Chemistry
- Type of work – Head of Chemistry – Teacher in charge of Chemistry
- Contract or position start date – 6th September 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – Permanent
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – N/A
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temp to perm
- Full time/part time – Full time ONLY
- Minimum rate of pay – Paid to scale
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- NQT/QTS or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience in the UK (Desirable)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related reference
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team