Graduate – Interested in Speech & language? APPLY TODAY
About the job
Speech and Language Teaching Assistant / Speech and Language Graduate – SEN/ Special School – NW London
Prospero Teaching are working with a lovely and well established SPECIAL/SEN School in Kingsbury, North West London. The school are looking for a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant or Speech and Language Graduate.
- Psychology/Speech and Language/Linguistics Graduate Required
- Centrally located in the heart of NW london
- Ideal experience for a future Speech and Language therapist or SEN Teacher
- SEN SCHOOL
- Graded “Good” by OFSTED In 2017
- Easily commutable by public transport
- £80 – £120 Per DAY
- Full time, long term position starting ASAP
A successfully inclusive School in Kingsbury, are looking to appoint a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant to start asap
It has an excellent track record in developing staff and is now a Training School
Was previously deemed ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
The school has created a positive learning environment and is often oversubscribed due to popularity.
With this school you will be progressing the academic and social achievements of all pupils in this class.
The classes have pupils with significant special needs, mostly cognitive developmental disorders which places them at levels below their peers.
THE SPEECH AND LANGUAGE TEACHING ASSISTANT ROLE
- Involves working in different functions and classes across the whole school.
- The teacher may require you to lead the whole class and you will be expected to contribute to some extra-curricular activities.
- Administration duties
- You will provide personalised support to pupils for certain elements of the curriculum in small groups or on a one to one basis.
- Don’t worry if you haven’t worked in a school before you will be provided with excellent induction training
- Working with students, either 1:1 or in groups, it will be up to you to ensure all pupils are progressing well and focused on their lessons.
THE IDEAL SPEECH AND LANGUAGE GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT MUST
Be a passionate and inspiring graduate who preferably has previous experience working with SEN children (preferably with Speech and Language) either in a volunteer or paid capacity.
Possess an up to date and enhanced DBS
Have graduated from University with at least a 2:2 degree from university.
Demonstrate the transferable skills you’ve picked up through volunteering/placements completed during university