ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for an outstanding Geography Teacher for a KHDA rated “Good” International Baccalaureate school in Dubai, UAE.
The school is an accredited IB international school with an excellent reputation. The student body comprises of many nationalities with a large number of expatriate families and local Arab families. The teaching and senior leadership staff comprise of many nationalities, with the majority of staff coming from the UK and Ireland.
The position is open to applicants with at least two years’ teaching experience in British or IB schools, with preference given to those with IB experience.
The school is located in the heart of the popular Emirate of Dubai, close to many of the popular tourist landmarks and just a short drive from the international airport.
- Location – Dubai, UAE
- Position – Geography Teacher
- Type of work – Geography Teacher
- Contract or position start date – 1st September 2019
- Duration – 2 years until end of the academic year July 2021
- Contract or position end date – July 2021
- Contract type – 2 years
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate AED 11,000-16,000 (GBP 2200-3200) tax free monthly salary, plus excellent remuneration package, inc. accommodation, flights, medical, free school place for one dependent child
- Hours – 7:30 am – 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching qualification with Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Geography Teacher
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
- Must have experience teaching Geography up to KS5 or equivalent
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Geography Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, Middle East, UAE, Dubai
- PositionGeography Teacher – Dubai, UAE
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date01/09/2019
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.