General Supply Teacher Blackburn
We are specifically working with a large school in Blackburn, in particular their SLT, who have approached us to secure the services of an on site “Cover Teacher” – someone who can commit to at least three days a week, if not four or five. You will be based at the school for each of your rota’d days and pick up a variety of lessons to cover. Our school believe there is a use for Cover Supervisors, but they still firmly believe that a teacher has the “magic” needed when students can play up a little too much.
- Location – Blackburn, Lancashire
- Position – General Supply Teacher – one school
- Type of work – Teaching / Cover Teacher
- Start date – September 2021
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
- End date (if applicable) – Ongoing
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Flexible (full days preferred as opposed to half days)
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £120 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30pm
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
- Be degree educated with a good classification
- Secondary QTS (PGCE, SCITT, B.Ed, QTS, etc)
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Experience of teaching in a Secondary School (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- LocationLancashire, Blackburn
- PositionGeneral Supply Teacher – QTS – Blackburn
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date01/09/2021
- Full/Part timeAd-hoc shifts available, Monday to Friday, 8.30 - 3.30.
- Minimum rate of pay£120 - £175 per day
Relevant experience and qualifications.
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.