Food Technology Teacher – Stowmarket
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Food Technology Teacher to start ASAP to teach a full time timetable. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Stowmarket area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Food Technology Teacher to start ASAP in a mainstream secondary school in the Stowmarket area.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- The school has a Sixth Form so there is the potential to teach KS5.
- You will have LSAs in the classroom to support you where necessary.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The DT department is experienced and supportive with specialists in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful Food Technology Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS3 and KS4 Food Technology in the UK.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management, and above all, be a positiove role model.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Food Technology Teacher position:
- Location – Stowmarket, Suffolk
- Position – Full Time Food Technology Teacher
- Type of work – Food Technology teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of academic year, potential for extension
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the Food Technology Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest. However, due to the high number of applicants, only sucessful candidates will be contacted.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.