English Teacher job
Prospero Teaching are working with ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School in the Barnet area who are actively seeking a qualified teacher of English to join the school in January 2022.
You will be joining an inclusive, diverse, supportive secondary school and a solid English department in a Good School, teaching across Key Stage 3 and 4. This English role is open to both experienced and Newly Qualified teachers -TLR responsibilities available for the right candidate.
The school is in Barnet, London and provide an education to a diverse community. We are looking for English teachers with exceptionally strong academic backgrounds who are committed to inclusive English education and wish to contribute to innovative curriculum development. The Headteacher lifts the teachers timetable to provide them with less contact hours, this enables the teacher to plan and mark more in school hours and making teaching more enjoyable.
WHAT THE SCHOOL CAN OFFER:
- Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for continued professional development
- Provide a supportive learning environment
- Offer you the opportunity to make a difference
- Actively promote your career development
WHAT THE SCHOOL ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A English teacher with good subject knowledge
- The ability to build positive relationships with all learners and committed to raising the attainment of all students
- Will work collaboratively within the English department to contribute to the success of the department
- Able to make a difference to the lives of young people
- A teacher who is interested in the development of the departments extra-curricular offer and lead teams across the school
Location – Barnet
Position – English Teacher
Type of work – KS3/KS4 English Teacher
Contract or position start date – January 2022
Duration / Likely Duration – 1 year +
Full time/part-time – Full time
Minimum rate of pay – Paid to scale
Hours – 8am – 4pm, plus parent’s evenings and extracurricular activities
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- PGCE or equivalent
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ENGLISH TEACHING JOB THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this English teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted English teaching job will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful English teacher will be required to register with Prospero Teaching to fill this English teaching vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH TEACHER:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- LocationEngland, Greater London, Barnet
- PositionEnglish teaching job, Barnet, January 2022
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date03/01/2022
- Duration/likely durationNO END DATE
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)3_terms
- Full/Part time8 hours per day
- Minimum rate of payin line with your main payscale
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.