JOB TITLE – English Teacher, Doha – Qatar, August 2021
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
One of the best British schools in the world, offering education from reception to year 13. Established over 40 years it is one of the most successful schools in the country with over 1900 students on role.
This schools offers its learners an outstanding and inspirational education where each student can develop beyond their potential. Behaviour is the main contributory factor to pupils successful learning; positive behaviour is recognised and rewarded.
English is integral to the learning of all students and this school have consistently achieved some of the best results in the school. The department has an excellent ethos which is designed to engage, challenge and support all learners. In KS3, students work to develop their reading, writing and speaking and listening skills through various tasks and projects. At KS4, students work towards their iGCSE including a broad curriculum of Language and Literature. KS5 students are able to choose their strength and will be exposed to a range of texts and genres.
- Location – Doha, Qatar
- Position – English Teacher – KS3 – KS5
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, preparation, marking, parents evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – August 2021
- Duration – Until end of the academic year July 2023
- Contract or position end date– July 2023
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Package – Outstanding package including generous tax free salary, furnished accommodation based on family status including bills return annual flights, family medical insurance, family visa, generous paid annual leave, school places for children and world class training and development
- Hours – 7:30 am – 3:30pm : Sunday – Thursday (term time only)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- UK qualified – PGCE in English with QTS or equivalent
- Relevant degree
- Be able to provide police clearances from every country of residence as an adult
- Have experience delivering the National Curriculum of England at the appropriate Key Stage(s)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of English Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to: email@example.com. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationQatar, Doha
- PositionEnglish Teacher, Qatar – August 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date31/08/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.