Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Prospero Teaching is looking for a English Teacher to join a successful, mixed secondary school starting September 2021. This is a rare opportunity to work in one of the highest rated schools in the UK.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- The school mixed secondary school situated in the heart of Hemel Hempstead
- The school is unstoppable in its pursuit of Excellent Education for All, which has been highlighted by Ofsted
- They have been recognised for the rapid transformation and excellent progress of students and have been awarded Outstanding status.
- The school are looking to appoint an excellent English Teacher who would like to work with and contribute to the development of highly motivated students.
- The English department is a team of 6
- 32 minutes into Central London
The Headteacher is looking for a qualified, passionate English teacher who can plan and deliver engaging lesson that are clear and stretch the students understanding, someone who can promote the importance of English and the positive impact it can have throughout their life.
Teachers must have solid subject knowledge and will be expected to teach across KS3, KS4 and KS5.
This is a large team and staff have a variety of backgrounds and teaching experience. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
ENGLISH TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
Location Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Position English Teacher
Type of work Teaching English to KS3-KS4 and KS5
Contract or position start date September 2021
Duration / Likely Duration 1 academic year or more
Contract or position end date (if applicable) July 2021 initially (contract may get extended)
Full time/part time Full time
Minimum rate paid in line with the teacher pay scale
Hours 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ed / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1 – year English teaching experience in the UK
- Passionate about being a English Teacher and have a willingness to educate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ENGLISH TEACHING ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this English teaching role please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business / education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING CAN OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH TEACHER:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationHertfordshire, Hemel Hempstead
- PositionEnglish teacher, Hemel Hempstead starting September 2021
- Type of workEnglish
- Contract/position start date04/09/2021