Prospero Teaching are looking for an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher to work in a variety of secondary schools in Suffolk.
- You will ideally be a University Graduate with a 2:1 or higher, however a degree is not essential.
- You will have the opportunity to cover a range of subjects for students in KS3 and KS4, and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed.
- As a Cover Supervisor, you will be able to take on the responsibility of the full time class teacher when the teacher is absent; sickness, training courses, school trips etc.
About the schools / job:
- Variety of mainstream secondary schools in and around Suffolk.
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16).
- Potential to work with KS5 students (ages 16-18).
- You will need to have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary.
- Full time or part time flexible positions available.
- Perfect for a graduate looking to gain classroom experience and confidence before starting teacher training.
- Lessons will all be set and you will be expected to make sure the students stay on task.
- You will be managing behaviour in line with school policies.
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day.
Contract details for the Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher position:
- Location – Suffolk
- Position – Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher
- Type of work – Flexible
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full or part time, flexible
- Minimum rate of pay – £75 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher position:
- Previous experience working with children or young people is desirable but not essential
- Ideally hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be proactive and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
To be eligible for the Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher position through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
- LocationSuffolk, Ipswich
- PositionCover Supervisor - Ipswich
- Type of workSecondary
- Contract/position start date01/09/2020