About the job
Counsellors/Psychotherapists Required to Support London Schools
Prospero Teaching are currently seeking to recruit Psychotherapists, Therapeutic counsellors, Bereavement Counsellors, Trauma Therapists, Educational/Developmental Psychotherapists and Cognitive Behavioural Therapists who are keen to support students reintegrate back into their studies at school in January 2021, after being away for a substantial amount of time due to Covid-19.
Students returning to school may have a variety of needs that have arisen due to being at home during the lockdown. They may have trouble reintegrating into school, have anger related issues, have suffered a bereavement or may be struggling with their mental wellbeing due to issues at home. Students may experience reduced motivation toward studies, increased pressures to learn independently, abandonment of daily routines, and has placed an unprecedented mental health burden on them, which urgently requires and immediate intervention.
The aim for us is to recruit candidates that possess the ability to offer 1:1 support, as well as group support to students within schools.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with a range of backgrounds and experience which could support children with a range of differing needs. Below are some examples of qualifications/training, which we would look for from candidates for this type of work, this is not a full list and if your qualification is not specifically listed you may still be relevant, this can be used as a guide of the type of backgrounds that could be relevant for this type of work. Please note: applications from candidates without any suitable experience/qualifications cannot be considered for this work.
- PGDip Integrated Health & Social Care
- BA (Hons) Degree–First Class/Upper Second Class
- Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Educational and Developmental Psychology
- SSE Social Enterprise Start-Up Business Scholarship (all aspects of business management)
- Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector (PTLLS) – Level 4
- Information Advice and Guidance
- Bsc (Hons) Adult Nursing Degree (120 Credits) (2 Years HE Credits – Level 4 & 5)
- Cert in Health & Social Care (PCSC–NVQ3 Equivalent)
- 2:1 BSc (Hons) Degree in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
- Foundation Degree in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- 3 Credits at Level one counselling
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in counselling skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care-Level 2 Awareness in Bereavement care: foundation Course
- Safeguarding- Keep Them Safe-Protecting Children from Child Sexual Exploitation V2
- Foundation course- Brief Solution Focused Practice
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect- Foundation V7.1
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children refresher – High speed Training
- October 2018 course completed for West Mercia Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre
Salaries can range depending on the type of work you would be doing and can range from £20kpa to £60kpa (we can consider applicants looking for slightly more than this but cannot guarantee we can offer beyond this salary point). Please note some of the work we can offer may be on a permanent or contractual basis (salaries would be paid as a daily rate equivalent)
If you feel you have suitable experience relating to the needs outlined in this advert we would be keen to hear from you. We will contact all suitable applicants on receiving applications to discuss your background and experience in greater detail.
Prospero Teaching recruit teachers for supply, long term teaching or permanent teaching jobs, for schools across the UK.
If you are interested in working as a nursery nurse, classroom assistant, primary teacher, secondary teacher, teaching assistant, SENCO, school support staff, SEN Teacher, NQTS, contact Prospero Teaching today to register.
Prospero Teaching, have teaching positions across, North London, West London, East London, South East London, South West London, West midlands and all Home Counties including, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey and Kent