Computer Science Lead Teacher – Surrey
Starting May 2020 or October 2020
About the School
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Computer Science Teacher for an Ofsted “Good”, mixed, all-through Secondary school on the Surrey/Berkshire borders.
The school is one of the largest Secondary Schools in the Local Authority and as such offers excellent career development prospects. The Role will see you responsible for Computer Science delivery within the School to A Level, as Lead Teacher you will report to a Departmental Head who overseas the subject alongside the Subjects of ICT, and other Technology subjects.
You will be responsible for the management of 2 Technicians. The role holds a TLR 2 attachment in addition to MPS or UPS dependent on the successful individual.
Facilities are extensive within the School with a total of 16 fully networked suites.
If you are looking for a role in a secondary school which is aiming to become a centre of digital excellence, with a focus on Computing as one of its core specialisms then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The ideal teacher will be confident in teaching GSCE and A Level Computer Science
- Location – Berkshire/Surrey Borders
- Position – Computer Science Lead Teacher
- Type of work – Key Stage 3 / Key Stage 4 / Key stage 5
- Contract or position start date – May 2020 or September 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Pay will be in line with your pay scale plus TLR 2
- Hours – School and teaching hours, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BEd / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1 year Computer Science Teacher teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS COMPUTER SCIENCE ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work on a full-time basis
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Computer Science Lead teacher:
- Free, accredited continued professional developmentcourses including safeguarding and behaviour management created by our in-house Training and Development Team
- LocationBasingstoke, Farnborough, Wokingham, Bracknell, Guildford, Camberley
- PositionSecondary Computer Science Lead Teacher – Berkshire – Permanent – October start
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher, Tutor, School Management
- Contract/position start date02/11/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.