Business Studies teacher – Permanent post – Barnet – January 2020
ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND BUSINESS STUDIES TEACHER JOB:
Prospero Teaching is looking for a QUALIFIED Business Studies Teacher for an Ofsted “Good” Secondary school in the heart of Barnet, North London.
The school is a medium-sized, Ofsted Good School in Barnet and is seeking a qualified Business Studies teacher to join the team in January 2020.
Behaviour is exceptional, SLT is very supportive and the facilities are upto date and the school has an outstanding CPD program for staff members. This is a positive teaching and learning environment providing an outstanding education for its staff and students.
The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year and provide pathways for staff who wish to progress. The school is a Catholic Secondary school and work collaboratively with local schools to ensure teaching is outstanding, extra-curricular activities are varied and are available for both staff and students. For staff, the SLT offer Football tournaments between schools and meals out within the departments and whole school which really creates a positive environment.
This post represents a superb career opportunity for a Business Studies teacher who wants to challenge and engage pupils across the full 11 – 18 age range. The whole school departmental training and support provided make this post suitable for either an NQT or an experienced Business Studies teacher.
BUSINESS STUDIES CONTRACT DETAILS:
Position: Business Studies teacher
Type of work: Business Studies teacher
Contract or position start date: January 2020
Duration / Likely Duration: Long term
Contract or position end date (if applicable): n/a
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) PERMANENT position
Full time/part time: Full time – 5 days a week
Minimum rate of pay: in line with your main pay scale
Hours: 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS BUSINESS STUDIES JOB:
- QTS or equivalent (PGCE, B.Ed, or any other teaching degree equivalent)
- Minimum of 1 year Business Studies teaching experience in the UK
- Experience or interest in Business Studies upto Key stage 5
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS BUSINESS STUDIES JOB THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS BUSINESS STUDIES JOB:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful Business Studies teacher candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer successful BUSINESS STUDIES, Teacher:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationNorth West London, Barnet
- PositionBusiness Studies teacher – Permanent post – Barnet – January 2020
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date06/01/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.