Are you a teaching assistant with experience working as a behaviour mentor? Are you a naturally confident, friendly lively individual who has great time management skills who believes they can improve the outcomes of young people?
We would love to hear from you – times are different and challenging at the moment, but your support will be invaluable to young people who are currently not in the main classrooms of school. The children are a chatty bunch & will require you to be fair but firm in a friendly way.
We are specifically working with a school Salford and they require 2 behaviour mentors, to encourage children to return to the classroom. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, this opportunity is for you. This work is challenging, different, yet extremely rewarding. You will be working closely with students who may have difficulties focusing and engaging with “normal” classroom work – so patience is key, along with a calm, pleasant smile and a relaxing attitude to work. No two days will ever be the same – not for you, or the children you work with.
You will also develop communication skills – both with young people, and also with the teaching staff. Again, this stands you in great stead when you come to apply for further qualifications.
- Location – Swinton, Salford
- Position – Behavioural Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – Teaching Support
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration – Could become permanent, subject to review
- End date – July 2022
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £70 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 3 TA / Degree educated with a good classification
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application at a cost of £45.80
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- LocationGreater Manchester, Swinton
- PositionBehaviour Mentor Required – Salford
- Type of workSecondary, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date27/01/2022
- Full/Part time8:30am - 3:30pm Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay£70 - £85 per day
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.