Prospero Teaching are currently seeking an experienced Tutor with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to provide 1:1 educational support to a student in the North Petherton area from September 2021.
At Prospero Teaching, we work closely with the local authorities, schools, and SEND Teams in the Somerset area and we specialise in providing tutors to work with children in looked after care (LAC/CLA), pupils in mainstream schools that require additional educational support and those who are not currently accessing mainstream education.
For this vacancy, we are looking for an experienced teacher or private tutor to work 1:1 with a Year 11 student who is not accessing mainstream education. The tutor will be required to deliver all 3 core subjects (Maths, English and Science) and will be delivering 10+ hours per week to the pupil. Sessions will be taking place face-to-face in a local library or communal setting, so applicants must be available to work face-to-face and be prepared to travel for the sessions.
The student is a bright and capable individual, so strong knowledge of the KS4 curriculum in your subject specialism is essential. If you are able to deliver all 3 core subjects, this would be highly advantageous, however not essential as we can source separate tutors per subject.
Further knowledge of the student’s ability and targets for education will be provided, but you will be expected to gather your own resources and deliver the curriculum you deem fit.
To be considered, you must hold QTS and have a background in teaching or private tutoring. If you can only provide 1 of the above core subjects, please still apply stating your subject specialism as you will still be considered.
- Location: North Petherton, Somerset
- Position: 1:1 Tutor
- Subjects: Maths, English and Science (KS4)
- Contract: 10+ hours per week
- Hours: part-time, flexible
- Start Date: September, 2021
- End Date: ongoing, likely to continue until end of academic year
- Pay Rate: £25-30 per hour
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- SEN experience – desirable
- Qualified Teacher Status – essential
- A resilient, patient and compassionate individual with strong attention to detail
- Enhanced Child DBS on the Update Service
- Ability to teach at least 1 or all of the core subjects at KS3/KS4 level
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Prospero can offer this training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to these vacancies. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill the vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding, Team Teach and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationBridgewater, Somerset
- Position1:1 Tutor – North Petherton, Somerset
- Type of workSecondary, Special Needs, Teacher, Tutor
- Contract/position start date06/09/2021
- Duration/likely durationongoing until end of academic year
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£25-£30
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.