Are you a trained, Teaching Assistant looking for the next step in your career? If so, please see below for exciting new opportunities working for the market leader in education recruitment, Prospero Teaching…
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Teaching Assistant to work with year one students in a lovely school in Pontypool.
In this role, you will be working five days per week 1-1 and in small groups with the students specifically focusing on phonics. Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant and broad knowledge of phonics is required to be a successful candidate.
The position is open to graduates, experienced LSA’S and applicants with relevant experience.
- Location – Pontypool
- Position – Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – 1:1 and small group work
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – ongoing until further notice
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Part time
- Minimum rate of pay – £61.50 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3.30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant experience and knowledge of teaching phonics
- Excellent communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, driven and conscientious
- The ability to build rapports with the children, supporting their social and behavioral needs, and acting as a mentor
- A professional approach to handling difficult situations
- Team teach qualification desirable but not essential
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or contact the Dario office on 01443 800890.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team: https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-cpd-for-teachers/
- LocationWales, South Wales, Torfaen
- Position1-1 Teaching Assistant / Pontypool
- Type of workKeystage 2 (age 7 11), Special Needs
- Contract/position start date01/01/1970
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.