Teach in the UK

Passports & visas

Before you head anywhere you must have the right to work in the UK. Typically this right will be conferred on you by the passport you hold or a the visa you have obtained.


  • UK Passport
  • EU Passport

Typical visas:

Useful links:

Your Prospero International Team –  International@prosperoteaching.com

Visas – https://www.farleyandassociates.co.uk/

Australia – https://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/

Canada – https://ukincanada.fco.gov.uk/en/

New Zealand – https://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/

Tier5 information – https://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier5/youthmobilityscheme/

Teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States

From 1 April 2012, teachers who qualified in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America (USA) are now recognised as qualified teachers and awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in England without being required to undertake any further training or assessment.

As a teacher, you will still be required to satisfy any UK Border Agency requirements that may apply to them for the purposes of entering or remaining in the UK to work as a teacher, and in order to be awarded recognition as a qualified teacher, you will need to have satisfy specific conditions if coming from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA. For more information on these conditions please see our section on teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States.

For more information, please email: international@prosperoteaching.com

Find your perfect job