Prospero Teaching 2020: A Year in Review
The past year has been an unexpected and tumultuous time for all those working in education around the world.
As 2021 approaches, we look back at the events, challenges and successes of the past 12 months.
Supporting Teachers and Schools Throughout Covid-19
Prospero Teaching was created with genuine care and commitment to supporting all those working in education at our core. Before and during the coronavirus pandemic, the Prospero team have been proud to fight for the welfare and opportunities of teachers around the world.
In the spring of 2020, our team immediately responded to the needs of teacher and schools by:
- Personally responding to thousands of queries to address a variety of concerns around health, furlough, payroll and the safeguarding of vulnerable children
- Passing on furlough requests to payroll providers
- Creating a hardship fund for those struggling during the difficult time period
- Lobbying industry partners, influencers, Government, HMRC and umbrella companies to push through urgent solutions which were desperately needed
- Regularly providing updates from the Department for Education (DfE) and the latest Covid-19 guidelines to inform and empower schools and teaching professionals.
Prospero are closely supporting our candidates and schools throughout and beyond the coronavirus pandemic â€“ contact us to find out how we can help you.
20 Years of Education Staffing and Support Services
On 20th August 2020 Prospero Teaching celebrated our 20th birthday.
In the past two decades, Prospero has:
- Expanded Internationally â€“ Grown to 16 offices across the globe (UK, Ireland, Dubai, Canada, Australia, New Zealand).
- Won Awards â€“ We were included in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for two consecutive years and became the only UK recruitment agency to be awarded a â€˜Big Tickâ€™ in the BITC Awards for Excellence for our sustainable business approach.
- Achieved Recognition in the Recruitment Sector â€“ We are APSCO-accredited and have been shortlisted for numerous recruitment industry awards including Best Recruitment Team Of The Year, Best Customer Service and Recruitment Agency Of The Year.
- Become an Employer of Choice â€“ We were named in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for by the Sunday Times, and have expanded to 250 staff members across our offices.
- Supported Communities â€“ Our many fundraising activities over the years include generating Â£7,000 for Neuroblastoma UK in just six weeks.
Growing Our Team
In the past year, over 40 experienced recruitment consultants and support staff have joined the Prospero team.
Our new starters have increased our capacity to help teachers and schools across our UK offices (including Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Sheffield) and across the globe (Australia, New Zealand and Dubai).
Supporting Our Employees
In 2020 we launched two new benefits for all Prospero employees. Whilst the health and wellbeing of our staff has always been important to us, the pandemic shone a new light on the importance of protecting positive mental health and the role that organisations can play in helping their workforces with wellbeing.
Our new mProve Yourself app combines positive physical and mental health by providing over 100 free courses and fitness videos. Prospero employees can enjoy and benefit from a range of programmes including:
- Coping with stress, anxiety and difficult times
- Sleep courses
- 30 Days to Happiness course
- Resistance training.
Launched in September, our new Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides free, confidential career coaching and 24-7 personal support. We want to ensure our employees are happy and healthy both inside of work and out: the programme also offers personal counselling, financial advice and health guidance.
Our EAP provides:
- Gym Discounts
- Virtual GP
- Mindfulness Courses
- Guided Meditation
- Stress Support.
Looking for your next career move? Find out more about working for Prospero.
Expanding International Presence
In November we opened our latest international office in Sydney, Australia.
Although we have for many years supported schools and teachers in Australasia, a new local office strengthened our presence in the region. Led by education recruiting specialists with experience in Australia, our new team will recruit and train high quality teaching staff internationally, whilst providing a more local service for our candidates and schools in Sydney and the surrounding areas.
Education in 2021: Moving Forward
Prospero Teaching would like to thank all our schools and teachers for their continued partnership this year, and all our employees who have worked hard to support them.
We look forward to continuing to work with you and support you all in the years to come.