With over 40,000 vacancies at schools across the country, the UK Government is offering support with the recruitment of highly qualified teachers from abroad.
Throughout Covid-19, the UK Government is helping to schools in England to recruit international teaching staff to start in January 2021 and onwards. Despite any travel restrictions or the closure of visa application centres, heads can find and employ staff from overseas to continue student learning wherever possible.
Find out more in our infographic or scroll below to read more.
What is the DfE International Recruitment Programme?
The UK Government’s Department for Education (DfE) is offering support with finding and relocating qualified and experienced teachers – with no recruitment costs.
State-funded secondary schools and academies in England can get help from the programme to recruit staff who specialise in the following subjects:
- Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
- Computer Science
- Modern Foreign Language (MFL).
The programme covers all professionals who have trained and qualified in the following countries:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United States of America.
Benefits of the Programme
- Free teachers – no recruitment costs
- Experienced, vetted and fully qualified teachers who meet the same high standards as UK requirements
- Free acclimatisation package – All new staff members receive a full support package to help with settling into life and teaching in England
- Ongoing professional development – Each individual receives a free continuous professional development (CPD) programme, covering topics such as behaviour management, safeguarding and the English curriculum.
How Prospero Teaching Can Help
Only four education recruitment agencies across the UK are officially appointed by the UK Government.
As an official DfE recruitment partner, Prospero Teaching have 20 years’ experience recruiting international teachers of the highest standard. Our team is staffed by former qualified education professionals, who are uniquely placed to recruit, train and support world-class teachers.
Find Your Next Qualified Teacher
Browse our available candidates on our international teacher database.
Get in touch to speak with a member of our team.