Are you an experienced TA looking for the next step in your career? Prospero Teaching are looking for a teaching assistant to work in a Primary school in South Bristol.
Duties would include assisting the teacher in the classroom environment and supporting children who require additional help. There are also responsibilities to work with small groups of children & occasionally 1 to 1. The candidate should also be able to think quickly & problem solve without the supervision of the teacher.
Experience within a classroom environment would be advantageous but not essential. Having a current enhanced child workforce DBS on the update service would also be advantageous, if not you will be required to pay for a new DBS before being introduced to schools (£45.80).
Contract/ Position Details
- Location: South Bristol
- Position: Primary Teaching Assistant (Year 4)
- Type of work: Teaching Assistant
- Contract or position start date: April 2021
- Duration / Likely Duration: Temp to Perm
- Full time/part time: Full time (potential part time)
- Minimum rate of pay: £65 per day
- Hours: 8:30 am – 3.30pm (full day), half day (am or pm)
Experience, training and qualification:
- Ability to think quickly & without supervision
- Confident when working with small groups or 1 to 1
- Strong behaviour management skills while creating a fun learning environment
- Driven to motivate the pupil and increase their participation
- Be caring, patient and have good communication skills
- Calming mannerisms in challenging situations
- The ability to grow individual personal development
- Willing to complete Safeguarding online training
- Complete a face-to-face registration, currently being done remotely on Zoom
To Be Eligible For This Role Through Prospero Teaching, You Must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, contact Nila at the Bristol branch on 0117 3322575 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PositionYear 4 Teaching Assistant – South Bristol
- Type of workPrimary, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date19/04/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.