Year 1 Teaching Assistant – Felixstowe
About the job
Year 1 Teaching Assistant – Felixstowe – Start ASAP
About the School:
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Year 1 Teaching Assistant to work in a primary school in Felixstowe. This role will consist of supporting students in Year 1 in groups as well as on a 1:1 basis. This role is to start ASAP on a full time basis.
The school is a mainstream Primary School with a supportive senior leadership team. The school provides training to all staff.
Depending on performance the school could look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
Contract / Position details for the Year 1 Teaching Assistant:
• Location – Felixstowe, Suffolk
• Position – Year 1 Teaching Assistant
• Type of work – TA, providing 1:1 support and reporting to Class Teacher and SENCo
• Contract or position start date – ASAP
• Duration / Likely Duration – Until the end of the academic year
• Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2020, potential for extension
• Contract type – Temporary
• Full time/part time – Full time
• Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £65 per day
• Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm : Mon – Fri (term time only)
Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Experience of working in a support role in primary schools
• GCSE English and Maths grade ‘C’
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
To be eligible for this job through Prospero Teaching you must:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, or if you would like to be shortlisted for this position please apply below.
Additionally, if you have a friend or colleague who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.