Prospero Teaching are currently seeking a Primary Specialist to provide 1:1 tuition to students seeking additional educational support in the Gloucestershire area.
Prospero Teaching work closely with the local authorities across the South West and we provide tutors to work with children looked after (CLA) and pupils in mainstream schools that require additional educational support.
For this role, we are looking for a Primary Teacher or experienced Primary Tutor to work with students that have significant gaps in their learning. You will be working with students from EYFS-KS2 and the sessions could take place virtually or face to face in either the pupil’s care homes, schools, or an alternative setting such as a local library.
You will be expected to gather your own resources and deliver the curriculum you see fit. There is no set syllabus and so you will be tailoring the content to meet the child’s individual needs. Our tutors provide anywhere from 1-25 hours of support per week and can choose from hourly catch-up sessions to full-time educational provision.
The successful tutor will hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and will be able to teach across all key stages. You will ideally have a strong background in private tuition or teaching and have experience in working with SEND.
- Location: Various locations across Gloucestershire & potential for online teaching
- Position: 1:1 Tutor
- Contract type: temporary
- Hours: part-time, Monday to Friday, various shifts (full-time options available)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Pay Rate: from £25 per hour
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or QTLS – essential
- Minimum of degree level in tuition subject
- Experience working with students with SEN, SEMH or looked after children is highly advantageous
- Highly self-motivated and focused on achieving the best educational outcomes for all students
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Prospero can offer this training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or send it directly to SouthWestCES@prosperoteaching.com. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to these vacancies. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill the vacancy.
- PositionTutor – Primary Specialist – Gloucester
- Type of workEarly Years, Primary, Teaching Assistant, Tutor
- Contract/position start date
- Duration/likely durationongoing
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay