About the Graduate / Teaching Assistant position:
Prospero Teaching are working with a primary school in the Southend area who are looking for a graduate to join them as a Teaching Assistant, supporting literacy. This is a long term position starting ASAP.
- This is ideal for recent graduates looking to gain classroom experience before starting teacher training.
- No experience needed, but any experience working with children or young people will be advantageous.
- The position will involve supporting literacy in Early Years and KS1 classes.
- You will be working 5 days a week, term time only.
Contract details for the Graduate / Teaching Assistant position:
- Location – Southend
- Position – Full Time Graduate / Teaching Assistant, term time only
- Type of work – Teaching Assistant in a primary school
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – ongoing
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £70 per day
About the successful Graduate / Teaching Assistant:
- No experience needed as full training will be provided.
- You should hold a recent degree, ideally with a 2:1 or higher.
- English degree desirable but not essential.
- You will have a passion for education and a can do attitude.
- You will be an excellent role model for young people.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
To be eligible the Graduate / Teaching Assistant must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
- LocationEssex, Southend On Sea
- PositionTeaching Assistant (Literacy) – Southend
- Type of workPrimary, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date01/12/2021
- Full/Part timeFull Time
- Minimum rate of pay£65 - £80 per day
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.