Sports Coach – PE assistant
Immediate Start Date / or 1st Nov after half term
We are specifically working with a Specialist Provision in Timperley, Altrinchham (WA14) that deal with disengaged young people, they use their service to help young people to re-engange with their education. The provision are passionate about sports and the valuable lessons this teaches young people, especially those who are less motivated academically.
The school are secondary age group and are dealing with disengaged young people. The school are looking to secure the services of a lively, passionate PE assistant or Sports Coach to work in their school on a full time basis.
You will be responsible for the coaching and delivery 1:1 sessions of PE lessons and sport activities for the students.
You will also send a small part of your time supporting young people in more traditional “classroom” subjects; so you will develop a strong understanding of the subjects taught at Key Stages 3 and 4.
If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, these opportunities are for you. You will be working closely with skilled teachers, and there is plenty of support available for you. You will only be working with small numbers of students at any one time, so you can really concentrate on the delivery of high-quality learning.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated with a good classification, in Physical Education, or a related subject
- Team Teach – Advantageous but not essential
- Prev experience of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- LocationGreater Manchester, Manchester
- PositionSports Coach/ PE Assistant
- Type of workSpecial Needs, SEN Support
- Contract/position start date01/11/2021
- Full/Part time8.30-3.30pm Mon to Fri
- Minimum rate of pay£70 - £80 per day
Sports coach for schools
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.