Spanish Teacher – Southend, Essex
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Spanish Teacher to start in September, teaching a full time timetable. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Southend area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Spanish Teacher to start 2nd September 2020 in a secondary school in the Southend area in Essex.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- You will have LSAs to support you.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The SLT are experienced and supportive with specialists in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful Spanish Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching Spanish to KS3 and KS4 students in the UK.
- Hold a relevent Maths related degree.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Spanish Teacher position:
- Location – Southend, Essex
- Position – Full Time Spanish Teacher
- Type of work – Spanish teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – 2nd September 2020
- Contract type – long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 term initially, potential for extension
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the Spanish Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.