Social Sciences Teacher
Haringey, North London
Are you a Social Sciences teacher seeking a new role starting January 2022?
Do you want to work in an Ofsted Good School?
About the school in Haringey:
A mixed, outstanding secondary school in Haringey are interested in hiring a Social Sciences teacher to join their very successful school and Social Sciences department January 2022.
THE SOCIAL SCIENCES DEPARTMENT:
· All teachers in the Social Sciences department are expected to be able to teach to KS4 standard.
· The Social Sciences department is made up of 15 teachers who teach Social Sciences which incorporates CPSHE, Sociology, Psychology, Health & Social care and Criminology.
· Teaching at Key stage 3, Key stage 4 and Key stage 5 available for the right person.
· The ability to teach Social Sciences to A level students would be an advantage.
BELOW ARE THE SCHOOL’S EXPECTATIONS THE SOCIAL SCIENCES TEACHER:
· plan lessons, mark work, mark exam papers and write reports as part of their normal duties.
· attend Inset Days.
· giving students the opportunity to understand aspects of personal development, and the health, social care and early years sectors through investigation and evaluation of a range of services and organisations.
Social Sciences is taught at this secondary school in a positive, supportive, and rewarding environment that strives to achieve successful outcomes for all ability ranges.
Ofsted 2017 – comments:
Inspectors praised the strong leadership, high quality teaching and learning, ambitious and aspirational students, and committed staff.
· Healthy school award SSAT educational outcomes award 2018 and 2017
SOCIAL SCIENCES TEACHER EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• QTS or equivalent
• Minimum 1-year Social Sciences teaching experience
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
Degree required (Ma or Ba).
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SOCIAL SCIENCES TEACHER JOB:
· Starting January 2022
· Maternity cover teacher – 12 weeks.
· £165 a day
· Range of transport links in the local area.
SOCIAL SCIENCES TEACHER INTERVIEW PROCESS
The Head of Department will provide Prospero with information regarding the lesson they would like you to deliver, the data for the class and other information. The lesson observation will be in person and you will be observed and interviewed. Prospero Teachings Training and Development department will support you along the way.
If you would like to be considered for this Social Sciences teaching role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL SCIENCES TEACHER:
• Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
• In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationEngland, North London
- PositionSocial Sciences teacher job, Hornsey, January 2022.
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date01/01/2022
- Duration/likely duration12 weeks - maternity leave length.
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)2_terms
- Full/Part time8 hours per day
- Minimum rate of pay£165 per day
Minimum 1-year Social Sciences teaching experience
QTS or equivalent
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.