SENCo – Ipswich, Suffolk | Jan 19
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified SENCo for a January 2019 start. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Ipswich area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a qualified SENCo to start 2nd January 2019 in a medium sized secondary school in the Ipswich area.
- The school is an 11-16 mainstream secondary school.
- This is a full time position, however you will have a reduced teaching timetable.
- Full time position including planning and marking for the lessons you will be teaching.
- The school are initially looking for cover for 1 term but there is a possibility of it being extended.
About the successful SENCo:
- Previous experience as a SENCo in a secondary school in the UK is preferred.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification and the National SENCo Award (QTS or QTLS preferred).
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the SENCo position:
- Location – Ipswich
- Position – Full Time SENCo
- Type of work – SENCo in a secondary school
- Start date – January 2019
- Contract type – Temporary
- Duration / Likely Duration – Minimum 1 term, potential for extension
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £120 per day
To be eligible the SENCo must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.