ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Are you a passionate SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a rewarding career?
Are you looking to be an SEN Teaching Assistant in a SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS (SEN) SCHOOL 5 days a week on a full time, long term basis starting NOW?
Are you keen to utilise your skills and experiences to aid the learning of Pupils with SEN?
Prospero Teaching are looking for a passionate SEN Teaching Assistants to join an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated School which continues to grow.
THE SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT ROLE:
• Supporting the teaching and learning of SEN pupils across the school, working with struggling pupils or those who have become stifled by the curriculum,
• Helping them meet their potential through smaller booster groups and 1:1 sessions.
• Supporting pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs,
• Working closely with the SENCO to monitor and advance developments in both academic and social areas.
- Location – Fareham, Hampshire
- Position – SEN Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – Assisting in the classroom or one to one support
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – N/A
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temp to perm
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £65 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3.30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 1 year SEN experience in the UK (Desirable)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
- Must be a patient and reliable SEN TA
- Be able to work well in a team.
- Be proactive in meeting student’s needs.
- Have 1:1 experience with children with SEN.
- Should be able to empathise with their pupils and be able to set a good example
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related reference
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
- LocationFareham, South Coast
- PositionSEN Teaching Assistant, Fareham, Hampshire
- Type of workSpecial Needs, Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA, Tutor
- Contract/position start date15/04/2019