Your role will consist of:
- Providing tailored support and working with children with SEN (Special Educational Needs).
- Elements of personal care for the children you work with.
- Creating a safe and calm learning environment that allows the children to have fun, engage and develop.
- Academic support, using the curriculum to tailor lessons to the children’s individual needs.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Teaching Assistant qualification would be desired, but not essential.
- Experience of supporting pupils with SEN on a voluntary or paid basis.
- Driven, energetic and keen to create a career within teaching and education.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a Psychology/Education Graduate with aspirations of pursuing a career in Educational Psychology or a PGCE in the future.
- Safeguarding within the last 12 months (Prospero Teaching offer a free online course).
- DBS Certificate on the Update Service, or be prepared to apply for a new one at a cost of £46.
- Location – Didsbury
- Position- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Contract Type – Temporary (Potential full-time contract)
- Minimum Day Rate – £70 per day
- Hours – 8:30 – 15:30 (Term Time)
- Start Date – September 2021
- Duration – Throughout academic year (July 2022)
Or for more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, please contact the Manchester. Or if you know someone who may be interested in the role, we have the Refer A Friend Scheme, send their name and contact details and you get £150 after they have worked 20 days for us!
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- LocationGreater Manchester, Didsbury
- PositionSEN Teaching Assistant- Didsbury
- Type of workPrimary, Primary SEN
- Contract/position start date04/10/2021
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£75 - £80 per day
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.