About the Job
Prospero Teaching are looking for an experienced Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work at a Special Needs School in the Bristol area on a temporary, ongoing basis with the opportunity to continue at the school in September.
The successful applicant will be working 1:1 with one of the pupils at the school with Special Educational Needs.
The school require TA’s to ideally be Team Teach trained however they will accept applicants with a strong background providing 1:1 support to children with SEN needs. As an SEN Teaching Assistant, it is essential that you are a kind, compassionate and caring individual with proven experience of reengaging students within the classroom and making learning accessible to pupils you work with.
This is a temporary vacancy to begin with, however after a successful trial period the candidate will be taken on a long-term or potentially permanent basis.
If you have experience working with ASD, Autism, ADHD, challenging behaviour, learning difficulties, SEMH, phyiscal and learning disabilities and/or any other complex needs, please get in touch.
- Location – Bristol
- Position – SEN Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – temporary
- Start date – as soon as possible
- Full-time/part-time – both available
- Minimum rate of pay – from £70 per day
- Hours – 08:30 – 15:30
Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a UK school – essential
- Previous experience working with SEN Needs – essential
- Team Teach Qualification – highly desirable
- SEN Training – desirable
- Must be a kind, caring and compassionate individual
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
- Complete Safeguarding Training – Prospero can provide this training
To find out more or apply for this position, please send your CV to SouthWestCES@prosperoteaching.com.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
- PositionSEN Teaching Assistant – Bristol
- Type of workPrimary, Special Needs, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£70