Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for the next step in your career? If so, please see below for exciting new opportunities working for the market leader in education recruitment, Prospero Teaching…
We are looking for someone with considerable experience to work closely with a child with SEN. The opportunity is full-time and long-term and will be supporting the child on an ongoing basis following completion of a successful trial period at the school.
For this position as an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be required to provide 1:1 support to a Lower KS2 student and also provide general support to other students in the classroom where necessary. The successful applicant will have experience working 1:1 with children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour and will have ideally hold relevant SEND qualifications and training.
You must hold an Enhanced Child DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one to be considered for this position.
- Location: Bristol
- Position:1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
- Contract: Long-term
- Hours: Full-time – 8:30-3:30 Monday to Friday
- Start Date: ASAP
- Pay Rate: £65/day minimum
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A level of understanding about childcare and special educational needs – essential
- SEN experience – essential
- Previous experience working with children – essential
- Autism/ASD Training – desirable
- BSL – desirable
- Autism/ASD Experience – highly desirable
- Teaching Assistant Qualifications – desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Prospero can offer this training
To Be Eligible For This Role Through Prospero Teaching, You Must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, contact Nila at the Bristol branch on 0117 3322575 or email your CV to email@example.com
- PositionSEN Teaching Assistant – Bristol
- Type of workPrimary, Special Needs, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date20/09/2021
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.