SEN Teaching Assistant
About the job
SEN Teaching Assistant, Rochdale
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant for an Ofsted “Good” Primary school in Rochdale, Greater Manchester.
The school is a popular two-form entry mainstream Primary School with a supportive senior leadership team. The school is going from strength to strength and providing training to all staff.
The position is open to experienced Teaching Assistants with SEN prior experience or Graduates with prior experience of supporting young people with additional needs. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
- Location – Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Position – SEN Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – 1:1 support within the classroom under the guidance of the Class Teacher
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of the academic year July 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2020
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £65
- Hours – 8:00 am – 3:30pm : Mon – Fri (term time only)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 2 TA Qualification or Degree equivalent
- Prior experience supporting students with SEN
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management – Here’s a link to our free accredited online CPD courses https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-cpd-for-teachers/
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Have a look at our free accredited online safeguarding course https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-online-safeguarding/
Know of somebody perfect for this role? Refer a Friend – https://prosperoteaching.com/recommend-a-friend/