ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching are working with a fantastic SEN School currently seeking an enthusiastic Sports Coach / Teaching Assistant.
The Alternative setting located in Eastleigh, Hampshire offers a tailored educational programme with pupils aged 11-16 years with SEMH & Behavioural Difficulties.
This will be ideal for individuals who enjoy working with young adults with special educational needs. Due to the nature of the school, class sizes are smaller, often around 10 students per group.
We welcome applicants with the relevant sports experience and qualifications to work as a Sports Coach, which includes applicants with sports coaching badges and sports degrees.
The position may suit candidates who seek a career in PE teaching & want to get experience before going into education or sports coaches who wish to further their skills.
- Location – Southampton, Hampshire
- Position – Sports Coach / Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – Sports Coach / Teaching Assistant
- Contract or position start date – January 2022
- Duration / Likely Duration – Temp-To-Perm
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – Temp-To-Perm
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temp-To-Perm
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £70 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Drive and determination for pupil development while maintaining high expectations of achievement.
- Empathy and caring nature while dealing with sensitive scenarios.
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff, pupils and parents.
- Show adaptability and pro-activeness while under pressure.
- Be confident to develop pupils socially, emotionally and behaviourally.
- Experience working in a SEN environment along with a strong knowledge of SEND requirements.
- Sports Coaching Experience / Level 2 Coaching Badges
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you know someone who would be interested in this or other positions check out our Refer a Friend scheme
- LocationHampshire, Eastleigh
- PositionSports Coach / Teaching Assistant – Southampton – January 2022
- Type of workSpecial Needs, SEN Support
- Contract/position start date03/01/2022
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£70 - £80 per day
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.