Graduate Learning Mentor
We are specifically working with a specialist school in Stockport, who are looking to add three graduates to their Teaching assistant team. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, these opportunities are for you. Our school caters for young people with emotional and behavioural issues, so it is essential you are calm, resilient and overall, have a good sense of humour.
And, as you become more confident and your skills develop, our school will let you lead classes in the capacity of a Cover Supervisor – which again, lets you develop your leadership and management skills.
- Location – Stockport, Lancashire
- Position – Graduate Learning Mentor
- Type of work – Teaching Support
- Start date – September 2021
- Duration / Likely Duration – July 2022 (pending review)
- End date (if applicable) – n/a
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Part time and full time roles – depending on demand
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £75 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated with a good classification
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- LocationGreater Manchester, Stockport
- PositionHOT JOB!!! GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT – BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT
- Type of workSpecial Needs, SEN Support
- Contract/position start date19/04/2021
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part timeMonday - Friday, School Hours, 8.30 - 4pm
- Minimum rate of pay£75 - £85 per day
- Degree educated
- Experience of supporting young people with SEMH needs
- An aspiring teacher of the future
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.