We are currently recruiting for an experienced SEMH teaching assistant to work full time with KS3 & 4 aged pupils at a school in Stockport.
If you hold a relevant educational qualification and have experience supporting pupils with social and emotional difficulties then this is an opportunity for you not to be missed.
You will need to display patient yet assertive communication skills – this could be the opportunity for you!
Our students are challenging but they need dedicated, calm and focused support from staff who are resilient yet nurturing.
You must have a good sense of humour too!
- Location – Stockport, Cheshire
- Position – Teaching Assistant
- Start date – February 2022
- Likely Duration – Variety – from one day, up to a full year
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Part time and full time roles – depending on demand
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £75 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated with a good classification
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationGreater Manchester, Stockport
- PositionSEMH Teaching Assistant – Key Stage 3/4 – ASAP
- Type of workSpecial Needs, SEN Support
- Full/Part time8.30 - 4.30 Monday to Friday.
- Minimum rate of pay£75 - £85 per day + depending on experience
- Relevant experience of working with children or young people in either an educational, vocational or "hobby" context (such as sports coaching, drama clubs, music tuition, etc)
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of ‘The Best Companies To Work For’.