Graduate Learning Mentor
SEMH Teaching Assistant – extremely rewarding work!
We are specifically working with a specialist school in the Bury area, who require Teaching Assistant support for the remainder of the academic year. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, these opportunities are for you. Our school caters for young people with emotional and behavioural issues, so it is essential you are calm, resilient and overall, have a good sense of humour. The young people you will be working with do pose some challenging moments, so the ability to be quietly assertive, whilst remaining calm, empathetic and reflective are essential. You must be outgoing and confident to succeed in this role.
- Location – Bury, North West
- Position – Graduate Learning Mentor
- Type of work – Teaching Support
- Start date – January 2021
- Duration / Likely Duration – Variety – from one day, up to a full year
- End date (if applicable) – n/a
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Part time and full time roles – depending on demand
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £65 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated with a good classification
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
- Team Teach – advantageous but not essential
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- LocationGreater Manchester, Bury
- PositionSEMH Teaching Assistant – Graduate
- Type of workSecondary, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date15/03/2021
- Full/Part timeMonday to Friday, 8.15 to 3.45
- Minimum rate of pay£65 - £85 per day
- Experience of supporting young people with additional needs