Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting 1:1 Teaching Assistants for a SEMH Provision based in Poole. The suitable candidate will need to be confident and resilient and will be working with students with SEMH & Behavioural Needs.
The school have an Ofsted rating of Outstanding with a fantastic team of support staff and experienced Senior Leadership Team. If you are looking for a challenge and really want to help make a positive difference to the lives of pupils with special educational needs then this school could be the role for you.
Contract details for Teaching Assistant
- Location – Poole
- Position – SEMH Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – One to One/Small group support
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Duration/Likely duration – Temp
- Contract or position end date – N/A
- Contract type – Temp
- Full time/Part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £10.20 per hour
- Hours – 8.30am – 3.30pm
Experience, Training and Qualification
- Calming mannerisms in challenging situations.
- Strong behaviour management skills while creating a fun learning environment.
- Driven to motivate the pupil and increase his participation.
- The ability to grow individual personal development.
- Be caring, patient and have good communication skills.
- Be self-reflective, have a willingness to learn and demonstrate initiative.
- Experience supporting an individual with Autism.
- Willing to complete Safeguarding online training.
- Complete a face-to-face registration with our Southampton office.
To be eligible for this role through Prospero teaching, you must:
- Hold right to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
- Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
If you are a Teaching Assistant and would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to LouisH@prosperoteaching.com or get in touch on 023 82 029 900.
If you know someone who would be interested in this or other positions check out our Refer a Friend scheme. We pay £100 for every successful referral. *terms and conditions apply*
- LocationDorset, Poole
- PositionSEMH Teaching Assistant
- Type of workSpecial Needs, SEN Support
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£10.20 - £11.20 per hour
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of ‘The Best Companies To Work For’.