SEMH Biology Teacher – Cambridge
About the job
SEMH Biology Teacher, Cambridge
About the School and the SEMH Biology Teacher post:
Prospero Teaching are looking for an SEMH Biology Teacher, ideally with previous experience working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- We are looking for an experienced Biology Teacher to work in an SEMH School in Cambridge.
- You will be working with students with a range of complex difficulties including SEMH.
- Our clients are a Special School with specialist learning areas. The unit is a transition unit for students who have been excluded from mainstream school and the goal is to help them move back into a mainstream school in the near future.
- This is initially for ongoing supply but could lead to something longer term for the right candidate.
- You will ideally have experience teaching Physics and Chemistry as well, but Biology will be your specialist area.
Contract Details for the SEMH Biology Teacher position:
- Location – Cambridge
- Position – SEMH Biology Teacher
- Type of work – Teaching students with SEMH
- Start date – 1st September 2019 or sooner for the right candidate
- Contract type – Temporary
- Duration / Likely Duration – ongoing
- Full time/part time – Full time Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay – £120 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the SEMH Biology Teacher position:
- Ideally you should hold QTS or QTLS, although candidates with relevant teaching experience may also be considered.
- Experience working with SEMH is preferred.
- Able to teach Biology to GCSE
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
To be eligible for the SEMH Biology Teacher post through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role, then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme