ABOUT THE POSITION
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Science Teacher / Tutor to offer additional educational support to pupils from KS3-KS4.
We are looking for kind, patient and empathetic tutors to work with 1:1 with children in looked after care (LAC) and children with special educational needs (SEN/SEMH) who require additional educational support.
Lessons will mostly take place virtually and may potentially be Face-to-Face on occassions. The successful candidate will therefore be skilled in using online teaching methods (i.e. Skype, Zoom, Google Classrooms, Microsoft Teams etc.).
You will be expected to gather your own resources and deliver the curriculum you see fit. There is no set syllabus and so you will be tailoring the content to meet the child’s individual needs.
Due to the nature of the work, we are looking for either qualified teachers or those with significant SEN and teaching experience.
I am currently looking for Science Specialists and those with experience teaching the Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 curriculum and have experience in GCSE preparation will be appointed.
- Location: VIRTUAL / ONLINE / Gloucestershire
- Position – Science Tutor
- Type of work – Tuition
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – ongoing
- Minimum rate of pay – £25-£30 per hour
- Hours – flexible
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or QTLS is preferred
- Minimum of degree level in tuition subject
- Experience working with students with SEMH or children who are looked after would be advantageous
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student
- A positive attitude
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
Please contact Gemma Wilson on email@example.com for more information!
- LocationGloucestershire, South Gloucestershire
- PositionScience Tutor - Gloucestershire/Online
- Type of workSecondary
- Contract/position start date09/10/2020