Tottenham, North London
Ofsted ‘OUTSTANDING’ School
September 2020 start!
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Qualified Science Teacher to join an Ofsted “GOOD”, Girl’s secondary school in Tottenham starting September 2020.
This Science teacher post is a full-time post.
The school is growing and offers outstanding facilities within walking distance of various transport links. The school boasts well-motivated and reflective staff with a shared purpose, and students who are warm, positive and engaging.
The ideal Science teacher will be confident in teaching GSCE Science. The department is a close knit one with outstanding resources in place.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- The lessons will be delivered to all year groups key stage 3, key stage 4.
- Has a brilliant Science department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery, and assessment.
- Has a very supportive, yet high energy atmosphere.
- This is a full-time position including planning and marking.
Staff Wellbeing is at the full front of teachers’ minds, also implementing a good Physical Wellbeing, Emotional Wellbeing and Work/Life Balance.
OTHER THINGS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TOO:
- Early closures on days where we host parents’/carers’ evening
- No more marking policy – a whole-class feedback policy instead
- Reduced examinations and data collection points throughout the year
- No more formal lesson observations
- Reduced number of calendared meetings
- More open-door communication and fewer formal line management meetings
All teachers participate in regular professional development through a programme of INSET days and Twilight training sessions throughout the year.
All teaching staff and teaching assistants participate in incremental coaching on a biweekly basis. One-to-one coaching is tailored to each member of staffs needs and is highly confidential. Importantly, it fits in with existing timetables and remains separate from performance management.
“Achievement is outstanding. Students start the school in Year 7 with standards well below those found nationally. By the end of Year 11 they achieve at above national levels. Students’ progress in English,Mathematics and Science is significantly faster than the progress of students in most schools.”
“All the staff within the school know their students exceptionally well. The headteacher can talk with authority about the progress of individual students. Individual students talk about the school and its staff feeling like their family.”
“Students’ behaviour is outstanding. Students are happy and proud to attend the school, demonstrating excellent attitudes to their learning.”
The position is open to both Newly Qualified Science Teachers and Experienced Science teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
SCIENCE TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS
- Location – Tottenham
- Position – Science Teacher
- Type of work – Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4
- Contract or position start date – September 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 Year/Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Pay will be in line with your pay scale
- Hours – 8am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
THE RIGHT SCIENCE TEACHER WILL BE:
• Hold a BA and PGCE in science.
• Confident with teaching GCSE Science.
• Creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box.
• Available to start ASAP
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCIENCE ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work on a full-time basis
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted Science Teachers will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful Science Teacher will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behavior management created by our in-house Training and Development Team.
- LocationNorth London
- PositionSCIENCE TEACHER, TOTTENHAM, SEPTEMBER 2020
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date07/09/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.