Science Teacher – London, Hackney
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Science Teacher to start in September on a permanent basis. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the borough of Hackney
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Science Teacher to start in September in a secondary school in the borough of Hackney, London.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- You will have LSAs to support you.
- The SLT and Science department are experienced and supportive with specialists in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week)
About the successful Science Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching Science to KS3 and KS4 students in the UK.
- Hold a relevant Science related degree.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be proactive and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Science Teacher position:
- Location – Hackney, London
- Position – Full Time Science Teacher
- Type of work – Secondary Science Teacher
- Start date – 1st September 2020
- Contract Type – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – Paid to scale, Inner London
To be eligible the Science Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy, then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.